Friday, May 9, 2014

Dear Fear

Dear Fear,

I am writing you this letter to inform you, as of today, I will no longer need your services. I have recently come to the realization that you serve no real purpose. If anything, you have been of a disservice to me - mind, body and soul.

I no longer need your sadness to fill any voids. I have discovered voids are nothing more than a fun house mirror, a distorted image of myself, an illusion of a mind controlled by my ego. I am everything I need.  I always have been. No more tears and puffy eyes to deter my beauty.

I no longer need your anger and hostility. Accepting your mean words, strapped me into a roller coaster of emotions, and physical pain.  Uncontrollable the boxcar raced as I sat strapped in, unable to slow it down, sometimes just wishing it would run off track, taking me to my demise, just to stop the pain.  Regrettably, I would join the ride, saying things I don't mean, to people I sincerely love.  All along I held the button to stop it inside the pockets of my soul.

I no longer need your anxiety and doubt.  The games you made me play with my soul, I never got anything done.  Procrastination swallowed my potential, but I've forced it back up as my mind, body , and soul continues to purge your lies, your false advertisement.  "Perfectionist" they call me, but inside I feel perfectly incomplete.

I no longer need your jealousy. It stole my confidence, and continued to haunt me.  I thought I was inferior, so I would steal from others and take the credit. I no longer breathe your hate and am no longer lonely, as my acceptance for myself and others attracts love and life.

I am divine, with my own talents and passions, uniquely my own. I walk to my own beat, as I am the creator of my soul's song, my life's album.

To think, you really thought you'd be better, than I, at being me. Ha!

Fearlessly,

Happy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment